sir what are the important questions that may ask on board exams froms the chapter pblock and d block elements
Here are some important topics/questions:
Trends in chemical reactivity of group 15 elements.
Dinitrogen - preparation
Allotropes of phosphorus- structure, preparation, manufacture.
Allotropes of sulphur-structure, preparation, manufacture.
Anomalous behaviour of fluorine.
Manufacture of chlorine.
How are xenon fluorides obtained?
Calculate the oxidation states of phosphorous in the given compound.
Oxoacids of halogens-reactions and properties.
Describe the manufacture H2SO4 by contact process?
Why are halogens strong oxidising agents?
How ammonia is manufactured industrially?
Basicity of group 15 element
Most important topics/questions
- Structures of PCl5, H2SO3, H2SO4, H2S2O8, H2S2O7, HOCl, HClO2, HClO3, HClO4
- Complete the reactions:
- Conceptual questions:
- NF3 is an exothermic compound whereas NCl3 is not.
- NH3 is a stronger base than PH3. Why?
- Arrange the following in order of the indicated property:
- F2, Cl2, Br2, I2 in increasing order of bond dissociation enthalpy
- HF, HCl, HBr, HI in increasing order of acidic strength
- NH3, PH3, AsH3, SbH3, BiH3 in increasing order of basic strength
- What are interhalogen compounds?
The important topics/sections/questions from d and f-block elements are:
- Why is Ce (IV) good analytical reagent?
- General trends in the properties of transition and inner transition elements.
- Ionisation energies and ionisation enthalpies.
- Standard electrode potential (Eo) and Chemical reactivity of both d and f block elements
- Complex formation
- Alloy formation
- Salts containing oxoanions of transition metals.
- Why is the absorption bands narrow in f elements?
- What happens at the third ionization enthalpy of f block elements?
- List the irregularities in the actinide series compared to the lanthanide?
- Compare the different characteristic of lanthanides and actinides?
- Actinide contraction is greater from element to element than lanthanide contraction. Why?
- List some practical applications of f block elements?
- The chemistry of the actinide elements is not as smooth as that of the lanthanides. Justify?
- Oxidation states of lanthanoids and actinoids
Hope this helps!!
You have rated this answer /10
- Biology Question Answers for CBSE Class 12 Science
- Chemistry Question Answers for CBSE Class 12 Science
- Economics Question Answers for CBSE Class 12 Science
- Hindi Question Answers for CBSE Class 12 Science
- Mathematics Question Answers for CBSE Class 12 Science
- Physics Question Answers for CBSE Class 12 Science