Sir, I find it extremely difficult to attend the conversion reaction questions in organic chemistry for example- convert one organic compund into another. can u pls suggest any method to solve these questions without much difficulty? Thank u!
You should practice organic conversions while learning. Learn name reactions first and try to practice their mechanism. Mechanism is the only thing which will clear your basics and make other conversion easier for you. Practice reactions and their mechanism as much as you can, this will definitely increase you knowledge and confidence.
For doing organic conversions, you must have strong hold over the reactions of various functional groups. As soon as you read any question of organic conversion, just write the given compound on the left hand side and the required compound on the right hand side. Carefully note the functional groups and the number of carbon atoms in both these compounds. Then, proceed with the reactions you have learnt for the functional groups present in the given compound as to arrive at the desired compound.
You can also refer to conversion tables and charts.
For haloalkanes refer the conversion chart given below:
All the Best!
You have rated this answer /10
- Biology Question Answers for CBSE Class 12 Science
- Chemistry Question Answers for CBSE Class 12 Science
- Economics Question Answers for CBSE Class 12 Science
- Hindi Question Answers for CBSE Class 12 Science
- Mathematics Question Answers for CBSE Class 12 Science
- Physics Question Answers for CBSE Class 12 Science