CBSE - X - English
How did Anne Sullivan teach Helen Keller through nature?
Kindly use the following points to frame your answer.
- Miss Sullivan took Helen by the hand in the fields in the summer of 1887.
- By then Helen had learned words such as water, mother, father, sister and teacher, etc and connected them to their owners.
- Miss Sullivan helped her learn to enjoy and appreciate nature through her touch and smell.
- She touched the earth and learned how it helped the growth of plants and in turn gave birds in the sky a place to build their nests.
- Through the assistance of Miss Sullivan, Helen learned to appreciate every little detail in the natural world.
- Her heightened sense of smell and touch connected her to other creations of the world like the blades of grass, the barks of wood, the petals of a flower and the warmth of the sun, etc.
- This connection made her kinship with the rest of the world more joyous and confident.
Rate this answer
You have rated this answer /10