CBSE - XII Science - Physics - Magnetism and Matter
rite dwn d various properties of magnetism in detail
- All the magnets have two types of poles: north-seeking poles or north poles and south-seeking poles or south poles. Magnetic properties are concentrated at the poles.
- When a bar magnet is horizontally and freely suspended, it always comes to rest in a north-south direction. North pole of the magnet points to the North Pole of the Earth.
- Like poles repel, unlike poles attract. (just as like charges repel and unlike charges attract).
- Magnets attract magnetic materials such as iron, steel, cobalt and nickel.
- The stronger the poles, the larger will be the attractive or repulsive force between them. Also, the closer together they are, the greater is the force.
Rate this answer
You have rated this answer /10