Please wait...
1800-212-7858 (Toll Free)
9:00am - 8:00pm IST all days
For Business Enquiry


Thanks, You will receive a call shortly.
Customer Support

You are very important to us

For any content/service related issues please contact on this toll free number


Mon to Sat - 11 AM to 8 PM

Q amount of charge is uniformly distributed over some body. How should the body be divided in the two parts,so that the forces acting between the two parts is maximum for a given separation between them?

Asked by 27th March 2013, 8:14 AM
Answered by Expert
Let the two parts have charges q and (Q-q) and have a separation r between them.
thus force between them would be:
F = k q(Q-q)/r2
thus the force will be max when, dF/dq = 0
it is satisfied when, q = Q/2
Answered by Expert 27th March 2013, 10:33 PM
Rate this answer
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10

You have rated this answer /10

Your answer has been posted successfully!

Free related questions

Chat with us on WhatsApp