Pretend yourself to be a crop yield of your nearby agricultural farm land and answer the following question:
1) List the important activities for your productivity improvement.
2) Compare the use of manure and fertilizers in improving and maintaining the soil fertility for your cultivation.
- It increases the water-holding capacity of the soil.
- It make the soil porous which facilitates the exchange of gases.
- It also improve the texture of the soil.
Disadvantages of Manures
- It is not nutrient-specific, thus it removes general deficiency of the soil.
- It is inconvenient to transport or store the manure.
Advantages of Fertilizers
- Fertilisers are nutrient-specific so that they can fulfil the specific requirement of nutrients.
- They are soluble in water; thus, they are readily absorbed by plants.
- They are easy to store, transport and apply to crops.
Disadvantages of Fertilizers
- Fertilisers are costly and prepared in factories.
- Overuse of artificial fertilisers may reduce the fertility of soil. The soil may become infertile over a period of time.
You have rated this answer /10