Please give me the answer of these questions as soon around possible
- A British scientist J.J. Thomson was the first one to discover the electron in the year 1897.
- J.J. Thomson performed an experiment to know the characteristics and constituents of the cathode rays.
- From his experiment, Thomson arrived at the conclusion that, cathode rays are nothing but a stream of negatively charged particles.
- These negatively charged particles are called as electrons.
2) Discovery of the Proton
- A German scientist, E. Goldstein in 1886, modified the discharge tube and passed an electric current through it.
- He found that the positively charged rays were emitted from the anode in the discharge tube. These rays were called canal rays.
- These positively charged particles were named as protons by a British scientist, Ernest Rutherford.
3) Discovery of the Neutron
- In 1932, James Chadwick observed that when beryllium was exposed to α-particles, different kinds of particles were emitted.
- These particles had about the same mass as protons and carried no electrical charge.
- Hence, Chadwick named this particle as the neutron.
You have rated this answer /10
- Biology Question Answers for ICSE Class 7
- Chemistry Question Answers for ICSE Class 7
- English Question Answers for ICSE Class 7
- Hindi Question Answers for ICSE Class 7
- Mathematics Question Answers for ICSE Class 7
- Physics Question Answers for ICSE Class 7
- Science Question Answers for ICSE Class 7
- Social Studies Question Answers for ICSE Class 7