Please answer this
Let the price of 1 book be x.
Let the persons buys n number of books in Rs.300
When the price of the book is reduced by Rs5, new price of the book x' = x -5
The person can buy n+3 books.
Now according to the first condition,
nx = 300
According to the second condition,
(n+3)(x-5) = 300
((300/x)+3) (x-5) = 300
(300+3x)(x-5) = 300x
3x2 -15x - 1500 = 0
x2 -5x - 500 = 0
(x - 25) (x+20) = 0
x = 25 or x = -20
Since the price can never be negative so the original cost of the book is Rs 25.
You have rated this answer /10
- CBSE Sample Papers for Class 10 Mathematics
- R S Aggarwal and V Aggarwal Textbook Solutions for Class 10 Mathematics
- RD Sharma Textbook Solutions for Class 10 Mathematics
- NCERT Textbook Solutions for Class 10 Mathematics
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Mathematics
- CBSE Previous year papers with Solutions Class 10 Mathematics