Outline five main provisions of the Wood’s Despatch Act of 1854.
Main provisions of the Wood’s Despatch Act of 1854:
- Attempts were made to bring changes to the existing system of education in India.
- To establish universities in Bombay, Calcutta and Madras on the model of the London University.
- An education department was to be set up in every province to extend control over all matters regarding education.
- Provisions were made to introduce systematic education from the primary to the university level.
- To teach students in primary schools in vernacular languages also.
You have rated this answer 10/10