NERVE CELLS(NEURONS) ARE ONCE FORMED,
IF SO ,HOW TO RESTORE THE MOVEMENT AND LOCOMOTION WHEN THE NERVE GETS DAMAGED
Nerves connect your brain and spinal cord to the muscles and skin, giving you movement and feeling. If a nerve injury occurs, there is an interruption in the information being conveyed to the skin or muscles to and from the brain.
- After nerve injury, the nerve will try to repair itself by sprouting regenerating nerve units. These regenerating units will then try to grow down the nerve to reinnervate muscle or skin. If they make a correct connection, that is, from the motor nerve to muscle or sensory nerve to skin, then the recovery of muscle function and skin sensation will occur. However, if the regenerating nerve fibers do not make a correct connection, then no recovery will occur.
- Surgery including nerve repair, nerve graft, nerve transfer or neurolysis.is also carried out to restore nerve function.
- Some anti-inflammatory drugs have been shown to encourage axonal regeneration by stimulating CNS nerve axons to grow and by inhibiting amino acid toxicity and cell death that occurs after the initial injury.
You have rated this answer /10
- Biology Question Answers for CBSE Class 12 Science
- Chemistry Question Answers for CBSE Class 12 Science
- Economics Question Answers for CBSE Class 12 Science
- Hindi Question Answers for CBSE Class 12 Science
- Mathematics Question Answers for CBSE Class 12 Science
- Physics Question Answers for CBSE Class 12 Science