CBSE - IX - Biology
mention any 2 advantages n disadvantages of animal colning.......is colning ethical?
Advantages of animal cloning:
- Endangered or extinct animals can be produced by using the technique of cloning.
- Cloning is helpful is producing tissues and organs in-vitro which can be used for transplantation.
- Cloning can be helpful in repopulating those animals which are commercially important. For example: sheep, cow.
Disadvantages of animal cloning:
- The cloned animals can be weak and have less life span.
- The technique of cloning is expensive and can increase the cost of commercially important products obtained from the cloned animals.
- It limits the genetic diversity.
- Some anti-social elements may use the technique of cloning to harm the society.
It is ethical to use cloning provided the process is carried out with proper permissions from the authorities and the purpose of the cloning must not be against the interest of the society.
Rate this answer
You have rated this answer /10