In an equilateral triangle ABC, AE is an altitude on side BC. Show that three times square of one side of this triangle is equal to four times the square of its altitude AE.
Let side of equilateral triangle be a. And AE be the altitude of ABC
So, BE = EC = =
By applying Pythagoras theorem in ABE, we have:
AB2 = AE2 + BE2
4AE2 = 3a2.
Or, 4AE2 = 3 x (square of one side)2
You have rated this answer /10
- CBSE Sample Papers for Class 10 Mathematics
- R S Aggarwal and V Aggarwal Textbook Solutions for Class 10 Mathematics
- RD Sharma Textbook Solutions for Class 10 Mathematics
- NCERT Textbook Solutions for Class 10 Mathematics
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Mathematics
- CBSE Previous year papers with Solutions Class 10 Mathematics