If d1,d2 (d2>d1) are the diameters of two concentric circles and c is
the length of a chord of a circle which is tangent to the other circle,
then prove that d22= c2+d12.
Let AB = c be a chord of the larger circle, of diameter d2, which
touches the other circle at C. Then ∆OCB is a right triangle.
By Pythagoras theorem,
i.e. , (as C bisects AB)
Therefore, d22= c2+d12
You have rated this answer /10
- CBSE Sample Papers for Class 10 Mathematics
- R S Aggarwal and V Aggarwal Textbook Solutions for Class 10 Mathematics
- RD Sharma Textbook Solutions for Class 10 Mathematics
- NCERT Textbook Solutions for Class 10 Mathematics
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Mathematics
- CBSE Previous year papers with Solutions Class 10 Mathematics