How to study d and f block elements
Entire syllabus is important in electrochemistry, p block, d block and f block elements. Please go through the NCERT questions, live test series, model tests, and chapter tests to make the concepts more understandable.
For this log on to http://www.topperlearning.com/
However you can prepare the following questions..
The important topics/sections/questions from d and f-block elements are:
- Why is Ce (IV) good analytical reagent?
- General trends in the properties of transition and inner transition elements.
- Ionisation energies and ionisation enthalpies.
- Standard electrode potential (Eo) and Chemical reactivity of both d and f block elements
- Complex formation
- Alloy formation
- Salts containing oxoanions of transition metals.
- Why is the absorption bands narrow in f elements?
- What happens at the third ionization enthalpy of f block elements?
- List the irregularities in the actinide series compared to the lanthanide?
- Compare the different characteristic of lanthanides and actinides?
- Actinide contraction is greater from element to element than lanthanide contraction. Why?
- List some practical applications of f block elements?
- The chemistry of the actinide elements is not as smooth as that of the lanthanides. Justify?
- Oxidation states of lanthanoids and actinoids
You have rated this answer /10
- Biology Question Answers for CBSE Class 12 Science
- Chemistry Question Answers for CBSE Class 12 Science
- Economics Question Answers for CBSE Class 12 Science
- Hindi Question Answers for CBSE Class 12 Science
- Mathematics Question Answers for CBSE Class 12 Science
- Physics Question Answers for CBSE Class 12 Science