CBSE - X - Physics
how to cure myopia? what are the causes of myopia?
Hi Karuna Goyari,
- A person with myopia can see nearby objects clearly but cannot see distant objects distinctly.
- A person with this defect has the far point nearer than infinity. Such a person may see clearly up to a distance of a few meters.
- In a myopic eye, the image of a distant object is formed in front of the retina and not at the retina itself.
- This defect may arise due to (i) excessive curvature of the eye lens or (ii) elongation of the eyeball.
- This defect can be corrected by using a concave lens of suitable power. A concave lens of suitable power will bring the image back onto the retina and thus the defect is corrected.
Rate this answer
You have rated this answer /10