How India play crucial role in the non aligned Movement during the cold war period explain
- It took extreme care in staying away from the two alliances.
- It raised its voice against newly independent nations becoming part of the two blocs
- India’s policy was neither negative nor passive. India was actively involved in world affairs and sought to end the Cold War rivalries.
- She took steps to resolve differences between alliances and thus at times prevented countries from being involved in full-scale war.
- Indian diplomats mediated between the Cold War rivals during the Korean War.
- India tried to actively involve those countries and organisations in regional and world politics which were not the part of the Cold War alliances.
You have rated this answer /10