how does loss of biodiversity lead to a loss of ecological balance or stability? explain (3 marks )
- Loss of biodiversity can result in loss of balance in the ecosystem due to depletion of natural resources and increase in deforestation.
- This had led to imbalance in food chains, loss of natural habitats of animals and birds, increase of pollution, wide change in climate etc.
- An unstable ecosystem will be more likely to lose species. Several species like the Dodo bird, Cheetah, pink headed duck, etc. have already become extinct and there are several species like Bengal tiger, one horned rhinoceros that are already on the verge of extinction.
- Losing species means losing potential foods, medicines, industrial products, and tourism, all of which have a direct economic effect on the life of people.
- Therefore, loss of biodiversity can lead to a loss of ecological stability.
You have rated this answer /10