How can one prevent the loss of nutrients from food?
- It is important that food is cooked right so that its nutrients are not lost.
- Vegetables and fruits must be washed before cutting them which will prevent the loss of nutrients.
- If vegetables have to be peeled, then the peels must be as thin as possible to prevent the loss of nutrients.
- Repeated washing of rice and pulses may remove water-soluble vitamins.
- Many nutrients and minerals are lost when excess water used for cooking is thrown away. Overcooking of food must also be avoided.
You have rated this answer /10