Advantages of seed formation:
- The seed contains the future plant or embryo which develops into a seedling under appropriate conditions.
- Seeds protect and nourish the embryo or young plant
- Seeds help in dispersal to a new location,
- During unfavourable conditions, seeds undergo dormancy thus protecting the embryo, till suitable growth conditions are obtained.
- Most seeds are the product of sexual reproduction which produces a remixing of genetic material and phenotype variability that natural selection acts on.
You have rated this answer /10