Find the area of triangle formed by joining the mid-points of the sides of triangle whose vertices are (0, -1), (2, 10) and (0, 3). Find the ratio of this triangle with given triangle.
D, E and F are mid-points of AB, BC and CA respectively.
Therefore, coordinates of D =
Coordinates of E =
Coordinates of F =
Since, area of a triangle =
Therefore, area ABC = = = 4 sq. units
Now, area DEF = = 1 sq. unit
Therefore, = 4 : 1
You have rated this answer /10
- CBSE Sample Papers for Class 10 Mathematics
- R S Aggarwal and V Aggarwal Textbook Solutions for Class 10 Mathematics
- RD Sharma Textbook Solutions for Class 10 Mathematics
- NCERT Textbook Solutions for Class 10 Mathematics
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Mathematics
- CBSE Previous year papers with Solutions Class 10 Mathematics