CBSE - IX - Economics - The Story of Village Palampur
Explain the non-farm activities practiced in Palampur
- The non-farm activities of Palampur are dairy, small scale manufacturing and transport.
- Nearly 25% of the people enegaged in non-farm activities.
- Non-farm activities are as follows:
- Dairy is the main non-farming activity of the people of Palampur. People have domesticated cows and buffaloes. The milk is sold to the people of Raiganj.
- Some people are also engaged in small manufacturing units like spinning, weaving, leather making etc. Labourers are generally not hired for small manufacturing units.
- Many shopkeepers have set up their own shops selling stationary items, toothpaste, candles etc. in the village. They buy various goods from the wholesalers in the towns.
- Many people of the village of Palampur are also engaged in driving tractors, jeeps, bullock carts, rickshaws and trucks. They mostly transport goods from one place to another.
Rate this answer
You have rated this answer /10