Explain the major impact of electricity on farmers of palampur ?
Electricity has had major impact on the farmers in Palampur in a variety of ways. These are:
- It transformed the irrigation system in the village. Larger areas could be irrigated in lesser time with the help of tube wells and pump sets, which ran on electricity.
- A variety of crops could be grown all round the year because of the improved irrigation system.
- The farmers don’t have to depend on monsoon/rains (uncertain and erratic) to grow their crops.
- Most houses started to have electric connections.
- It has also helped in running various small scale industries.
You have rated this answer /10