explain how the scope of right to information has expanded over time?
- Legal services - The government from time to time has expanded the legal rights that can be enjoyed by the citizen. Also, the judgements given by the court have been given keeping in mind the expansion of the scope of rights.
- Inclusion of rights - Many rights that are derived from the Fundamental Rights have been included in the Constituion like the Freedom of Press, Right to Information, Right to Education.
- Right to Education - School education has become an important right for the Indian citizens. The goverment is responsible for providing free and compulsory education to all children up to the ge of 14 years.
- Right to Information - The Parliament has enacted a law 'Right to Information' under the Fundamental Right to freedom of thought and expression. This right entitled the citizens to seek any kind of information regarding government working or affairs from their office.
- Inclusion of a constitutional right - The Constituion has included some constituional rights too such as Right to Property, Right to Vote, etc.
Thus, it can be said that there has been an expansion of rights which is a result of the struggles of the people. Also, new rights are added or emerge when there is a devlopment in the society or when new Constitutions are made.
You have rated this answer /10