explain cultural heritage of gujarat.
Gujarat has rich cultural heritage:
- Patola’ work had become famous in Gujarat during the Solanki period. King Siddhraj Jaisingh provided patronage to many ‘Patola’ weavers. This art is more than 850 years old.
- Bandhani of Jamnagar, Jetpur, Bhuj and Mandavi are very popular.
- Cloth knitting has become an important small-scale industry for women in Gujarat. Knitting works of Jat community of Banni area of Kachchh are remarkable.
- Ahmad Shah built ‘Teen Darwaza’, ‘Jama Masjid’ and ‘Sidi Saiyyid’ mosque at Ahmedabad.
- Hatisingh built famous ‘Jain temple’ and ‘Jama Masjid’.
- Some famous writers and poets were Narsinj Mehta, Mirabai, Dayaram, Akho. Premanand, Pritam and others composed beautiful verses, songs, poems etc.
- Later, Narmad, Navalram, Kishorlal Mashruwala, Mahipatram, Rupram, Govardhan Ram Tripathi and others enriched the Gujarati literature.
You have rated this answer /10