Explain advancing monsoon
- By the first week of June, low pressure conditions get intensified over the Northern Indian Plains. These conditions attract the south east trade winds that originate from the Southern oceans.
- These winds blow over the warm oceans and thus bring moisture and rainfall into the country.
- During early monsoon season, the places located on the windward side of the Western Ghats receive heavy rainfall up to 250 cm.
- The north eastern parts of the country receive heavy rainfall. Mawsynram in Meghalaya receive the highest amount of rainfall in the world.
- As we go from east to the west, the rainfall decreases. Rajasthan and Gujarat receive scanty rainfall.
- Rain does not fall continuously during the monsoon season. Thus, there are dry spells and wet spells. Monsoons are uncertain and irregular in nature.
You have rated this answer 2/10