Draw an angle of 80o using protractor. Make another angle equal to it using ruler and compasses.
Step of Construction:
- Draw an angle XAY of measure 80o using a protractor.
- Draw a line l and choose a point P on it.
- Place the compasses at A and draw an arc to cut the rays of ∠A at B and C.
- Use the same compasses setting to draw an arc with P as centre, cutting l in Q.
- Set your compasses to the length BC.
- With the same radius, place the compass pointer at Q and draw the arc to cut the arc drawn earlier in R.
- Join PR. This gives us ∠P. It has same measure as ∠A.
This means ∠QPR has same measure as ∠BAC.
You have rated this answer /10