DETAIL;- (WORD LIMIT 175 WORDS)
1.WHAT WERE THE RIGHTS TAKEN AWAY FROM THE PRISONERS IN GUANTANAMA BAY?
2.WHAT ARE THE EXCEPTION IN FUNDAMENTAL RIGHTS? WHY ARE THEY IMPORTANT?
3.EXPLAIN HOW FAR CAN AN ORDINARY CITIZEN CAN GO TO COURT IF HIS RIGHTS ARE EXPLOITED?
- Right to recognition as a person before the law in all parts of the world.
- Right not to be subjected to torture or to cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment.
- Right to be equal status before the law and to equal protection of the law without any discrimination.
- Right not to be subjected to arbitrary arrest, detention or exile.
- Right to be entitled in full equality to a fair and public hearing by an independent and impartial tribunal, in the determination of one’s rights and obligations and of any criminal charge against one. (Habeas Corpus)
- Most articles in the 3rd and 4th Geneva Conventions (Depending on whether the detainees are classified as prisoners of war (soldiers) or civilians.)
You have rated this answer /10