Define the following terms-
- Countor Plouging: It refers to a type of farming wherein plants/crops are planted/grown following the countors of the land. This is done to prevent any kind of erosion.
- Terrrace Farming: It is a type of farming where flat areas are cut off from him hilly or mountainous regions to cultivate/plant crops.
- Strip Cropping: It refers to a kind of farming wherein areas are cut into long narrow strips which is then used to plant/grow crops. It it the most effective form of prevention of soils.
- Shelter Belts: They are line of trees or shrubs planted on the boundaries of the field in such a manner so as to protect them from fierce weather or protect the soil from eroding.
- Gullies: It is a gully/trench created in the earth due to running water. It generally has rain water running in it and typically takes place on a hill side.
You have rated this answer /10