Let A , B and C be the vertices of triangle ABC with coordinates (x1,y1) (x2,y2),(x3,y3) respectively.
P be any general point with coordinates (x,y).Coordinates of Centroid will be ( (x1+x2+x3)/3 ,(y1+y2+y3)/3)
Apply distance formula to get PA2 PB2PC2 GA2 GB2GC2 and GP2
PA2 = (x-x1)2 + (y-y1)2
PB2 = (x-x2)2 + (y-y2)2
PC2 = (x-x3)2 + (y-y3)2
Similarly find GA2 GB2GC2 and GP2 substitute the values and simplify.
Incaseyou are getting stuck do let us know.
You have rated this answer /10
- CBSE Sample Papers for Class 10 Mathematics
- R S Aggarwal and V Aggarwal Textbook Solutions for Class 10 Mathematics
- RD Sharma Textbook Solutions for Class 10 Mathematics
- NCERT Textbook Solutions for Class 10 Mathematics
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Mathematics
- CBSE Previous year papers with Solutions Class 10 Mathematics