compare london city and ipping village with respect to invisible man.
Here is the answer to your question.
London is the city where Griffin first becomes invisible. Griffin seeks respite from the city since unlike Iping it is a big metropolis. In Griffin’s eyes, it is a city which thwarts his attempts at being invisible. The dust and soot of the grimy city settle on Griffin’s person which renders his form visible. The cold weather of London adds to his problems since he cannot venture out naked. He cannot wear clothes for the fear of being visible.
Iping, on the contrary, is his refuge from the dirt of London. Griffin believed that the small town can provide him with the privacy that he longed for in London. He intends to carry out his scientific work in relative obscurity in Iping. Griffin ironically became conspicuous in the small community and Griffin becomes the cynosure of all eyes. The impersonal community of London is thus contrasted with the tight-knit community of Iping.
You have rated this answer /10
- Biology Question Answers for CBSE Class 12 Science
- Chemistry Question Answers for CBSE Class 12 Science
- Economics Question Answers for CBSE Class 12 Science
- Hindi Question Answers for CBSE Class 12 Science
- Mathematics Question Answers for CBSE Class 12 Science
- Physics Question Answers for CBSE Class 12 Science