Can you solve this please
Let the radius , height and slant height of the smaller cone be r,h and l
the same for the bigger cone be R,H and L.
Using similarity of triangles, we get that,
We know that,
the CSA of the remainder is 8/9 of the CSA of the whole cone.
So the CSA of the smaller cone must be 1/9 th of the CSA of the whole cone.
So if the height of the small cone is x, then, height of the big cone will be 3x.
So the line segments into which the altitude of the cone gets divided will be x and 2x (2x=3x-x)
You have rated this answer /10
- CBSE Sample Papers for Class 10 Mathematics
- R S Aggarwal and V Aggarwal Textbook Solutions for Class 10 Mathematics
- RD Sharma Textbook Solutions for Class 10 Mathematics
- NCERT Textbook Solutions for Class 10 Mathematics
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Mathematics
- CBSE Previous year papers with Solutions Class 10 Mathematics