- The weights will vary with time sinusoidally but this change will be quite small.
- As the Earth's distance from the Sun is 149,600,000 km
and Radius of Earth = 6378.1 kilometers
- The change in distance is very small but not negligible.
- Hence the weight of an object measured by a spring balance on the earths surface, is more at mid night as compared to its weight at noon .
- Even the moon will play an important role in altering the weights of bodies on the surface of the Earth.
- It shuld be remembered that it is the moon's gravitational influence that leads to tides in the seas.
You have rated this answer /10