ANSWER IN DETAIL;-(WORD LIMIT 200 WORDS)
1.HOW DO TROPICAL CYCLONES INFLUENZE SUTH EASTERN PARTS OF INDIA?
2.WRITE THE FEATURES OF ADVANCING AND RETREATING MONSOON?
3. WRITE THE CHARACTERISTIC OF MONSOON.
- By the first week of June, low pressure conditions get intensified over the Northern Indian Plains. These conditions attract the south east trade winds that originate from the Southern oceans.
- These winds blow over the warm oceans and thus bring moisture and rainfall into the country.
- During early monsoon season, the places located on the windward side of the Western Ghats receive heavy rainfall up to 250 cm.
- The north eastern parts of the country receive heavy rainfall. Mawsynram in Meghalaya receive the highest amount of rainfall in the world.
- As we go from east to the west, the rainfall decreases. Rajasthan and Gujarat receive scanty rainfall.
- Rain does not fall continuously during the monsoon season. Thus, there are dry spells and wet spells. Monsoons are uncertain and irregular in nature.
- During October and November, the South West monsoon winds become weaker and start retreating from the Northern Plains by the beginning of October.
- The retreat is by clear skies and the increase in mercury northern plains.
- The retreat of monsoon is marked level. This increase in temperature is termed as ‘October heat’.
- At this time, the low pressure conditions shift to the Bay of Bengal giving rise to cyclonic depressions. These cyclonic depressions often results in the destruction of life and property generally on the eastern coast and the southern coast.
- Most of the rainfall of the Coromandel Coast is derived from depressions and cyclones.
Please ask other questions as separate queries.
You have rated this answer /10