A lending library had a fixed charge for the first three days and an additional charge for each day thereafter. Saritha paid Rs 27 for a book kept for seven days while Susy paid Rs 21 for the book she kept for five days. Find the fixed charge and the charge for each extra day.
Let the fixed charge for first three days and each day charge thereafter be Rs x and Rs y respectively.
According to the question,
Subtracting equation (2) from equation (1), we obtain:
2y = 6
y = 3
Substituting the value of y in equation (1), we obtain:
x + 12 = 27
x = 15
Hence, the fixed charge is Rs 15 and the charge per day is Rs 3.
You have rated this answer /10
- CBSE Sample Papers for Class 10 Mathematics
- R S Aggarwal and V Aggarwal Textbook Solutions for Class 10 Mathematics
- RD Sharma Textbook Solutions for Class 10 Mathematics
- NCERT Textbook Solutions for Class 10 Mathematics
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Mathematics
- CBSE Previous year papers with Solutions Class 10 Mathematics