A Fire at a building B is reported on telephones to 2 fire stations F1 & F2 10 km apart from each other on a straight road. F1 observes that the fire is at an angle of 60 to the road and F2 observes that it is at an angle of 45 from it. Which station should send its team and how much will it have to travel?
Expert Please help me in solving this, I shall be thankful to you!!
Let AB be the building which is caught on a fire.
Given distance between two fire stations PQ = 10 km
Let Distance between building B and fire station Q be ‘x’ km.
Hence, PB = (10 – x) km
In right ΔABQ,
θ = 45°
You have rated this answer /10
- CBSE Sample Papers for Class 10 Mathematics
- R S Aggarwal and V Aggarwal Textbook Solutions for Class 10 Mathematics
- RD Sharma Textbook Solutions for Class 10 Mathematics
- NCERT Textbook Solutions for Class 10 Mathematics
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Mathematics
- CBSE Previous year papers with Solutions Class 10 Mathematics