A building is in the form of a cylinder surmounted by a hemispherical vaulted dome and contains 880/
Let R be the radius, and h be the height of the cylindrical portion.
Height of the building, R+h = 2R = D = internal diameter.
This gives, h = R.
Volume = Volume of cylindrical portion + Volume of hemispherical portion
= πR2h + (4πR3/3)/2 = 880/21
(22/7)(R2h + 2R3/3) = 880/21
R2(h+2R/3) = 440/3
R2(R+2R/3) = 440/3
R3(5/3) = 440/3
R3 = 88
R = 4.45 m
and Total Height of the building, = R+h = 2R = 8.9 m
You have rated this answer /10
- CBSE Sample Papers for Class 10 Mathematics
- R S Aggarwal and V Aggarwal Textbook Solutions for Class 10 Mathematics
- RD Sharma Textbook Solutions for Class 10 Mathematics
- NCERT Textbook Solutions for Class 10 Mathematics
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Mathematics
- CBSE Previous year papers with Solutions Class 10 Mathematics