CBSE - IX - Biology - Diversity in Living Organisms
1. Write any 3 concrete examples of the characteristics used infor a hierarchical classification.(3 Marks)
2. A baby is suffering from loose motions. which factors may be responsible for his condition?(3 Marks)
3. What will be the signs and symptoms of a disease if the microbe targets the following body organs-a)Lungs; b)Liver;, c)Brain ?(3 marks)
4. Type of transformation of energy when- a)Coal is burnt; b)dry cell discharges; c)in a thermal power plant. (3 Marks)
5. A crane is lifting a body to a hieght 'h' in time 't'. Find the relation between the power of crane to the speed at which it is lifting the object.(2 Marks)
Thanks for asking us a question in Ask the Expert section of TopperLearning.com.
Answer to one of your questions is given below:
Some of the concrete examples of the characteristics used for hierarchical classification are:
- Nature of the cell- whether the organisms are prokaryotic or eukaryotic in nature.
- Cellular nature- whether the organisms are unicellular or multicellular.
- Mode of nutrition- whether the organisms are autotrophic or heterophic.
- Mode of reproduction- whether the organisms can reproduce sexually or asexually.
- Phylogenetic relationship- whether the organisms share a common ancestor or not.
In case of multiple questions within a query, please post each question individually and let us know where you are getting stuck so that we would be able to explain things better.
Rate this answer
You have rated this answer /10