CBSE Class 9 Maths Volume Of A Cylinder
- A patient in a hospital is given soup daily in a cylindrical bowl of diameter 7 cm .If the bowl is filled with soup to a height of 4 cm ,how much soup the hospital has to prepare daily to serve 250 patients ?
- The circumference of the base of a cylindrical vessel of height 28 cm is 352 cm. Find the amount of water it can hold.
- A rectangular piece of paper 33 cm long and 16 cm wide is rolled along its breadth to get a cylinder of height 16 cm. Find the volume of the cylinder.
- A cylindrical vessel of diameter 84 cm and height 18 cm contains milk. This milk is to be filled in cylindrical tumblers of radius 7 cm and height 6 cm. Find the number of tumblers that can be filled with milk.
- A solid rectangular block of iron of dimensions 7 cm x 4 cm x 2.75 cm is recast into a cylinder of radius 7 cm. Find the height of the recast cylinder.
- A cylindrical bucket of diameter 28 cm and height 12 cm is full of water. The water is emptied into a rectangular tub of length 66 cm and breadth 28 cm. Find the height to which water rises in the tub.
- A rod 2 m in length and 1.2 cm in radius is drawn into another rod of length 72 cm. Find the radius of the new rod.
- Rain water falls in a tub of dimensions 6 m x 4 m x 2.75 m and is transferred to a cylindrical tub of radius 10 meters. Find the height of water in the cylindrical tub.
- 1.54 cm3 of iron is drawn into a wire of diameter 2.8 mm. Find the length of the wire.
- A can has the greatest capacity for a fixed amount of metal if its diameter is made equal to its height. If such a can is to hold 6280 cm3, calculate its diameter.(use π = 3.14)
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number