CBSE Class 8 Science Displacement Reaction
- what do you observe when copper sulphate is reacted with lead?what is the product?
- How will you show with the help of an experiment that copper is more reactive than silver?
- karthik took three test tubes 'x','y','z'with zinc sulphate solution in all the test tubes .hedropped a piece of copper ,aluminium,iron in each tube .in which testtube does the reaction takes place.why? write balanced equation for it?
- copper cannot displace iron from iron sulphate solution give reason
- (i) Why does the colour of iron sulphate solution change when zinc is added to the solution? (ii) What change in colour is observed?
- (i) Why does copper coin dissolve in the solution of silver nitrate if it is immersed in it for some time? (ii) What colour change is observed?
- (i) What happens when a piece of copper metal is placed in iron sulphate solution? (ii) Express the following fact in the form of a chemical equation: When a strip of copper metal is placed in a solution of silver nitrate, metallic silver is precipitated and a solution containing copper nitrate is formed.
- Explain why iron metal can displace copper form copper sulphate solution but copper cannot displace iron from iron sulphate solution.
- (i) Fe + CuSO4 FeSO4 + Cu (ii) Zn + FeSO4 ZnSO4 + Fe On the basis of the above reactions, indicate which is most reactive and which is least reactive metal out of zinc, copper, and iron.
- (i) Why does the colour of copper sulphate solution change when an iron nail is kept immersed in it? What is the change in colour observed? (ii) What happens to the iron metal?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number