CBSE Class 8 Science Displacement Reaction
- why copper cannot displace zinc from its salt solution
- what do you observe when copper sulphate is reacted with lead?what is the product?
- How will you show with the help of an experiment that copper is more reactive than silver?
- karthik took three test tubes 'x','y','z'with zinc sulphate solution in all the test tubes .hedropped a piece of copper ,aluminium,iron in each tube .in which testtube does the reaction takes place.why? write balanced equation for it?
- copper cannot displace iron from iron sulphate solution give reason
- (i) Why does the colour of iron sulphate solution change when zinc is added to the solution? (ii) What change in colour is observed?
- (i) Why does copper coin dissolve in the solution of silver nitrate if it is immersed in it for some time? (ii) What colour change is observed?
- (i) What happens when a piece of copper metal is placed in iron sulphate solution? (ii) Express the following fact in the form of a chemical equation: When a strip of copper metal is placed in a solution of silver nitrate, metallic silver is precipitated and a solution containing copper nitrate is formed.
- Explain why iron metal can displace copper form copper sulphate solution but copper cannot displace iron from iron sulphate solution.
- (i) Fe + CuSO4 FeSO4 + Cu (ii) Zn + FeSO4 ZnSO4 + Fe On the basis of the above reactions, indicate which is most reactive and which is least reactive metal out of zinc, copper, and iron.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number