CBSE Class 8 Maths Estimating Square Roots
- Simplify 0.0441 by 0.000441
- how to use estimation method//?//??? -ridhima
- (a) Does the square root of the number 40 lie between the 6 and 7? Give reasons in support of your answer. (b) Identify all whole numbers whose square root lie between 6 and 7.
- Between which pair of whole numbers does the square root of 20 lie?
- Find the square root of 56.25, without using long division method?
- The foot of a ladder is placed 6 feet away from a wall. The top of the ladder rests 10 feet up on the wall. Find the whole number to which the length of the ladder can be approximated?
- Complete the following statement. Use the integers that are closest to the number in the middle.
- Estimate to the nearest whole number.
- To estimate how far you can see from a point above the horizon, you can use the formula D = 1.22 where D is the distance in miles and A is the altitude, or height, in feet. Use this information to determine how far you can see when standing on the top of a building that is 350 feet high. Round off your answer to the nearest tenth.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number