CBSE Class 8 Maths Ratios Of Quantities
- two villages have population 220 and 550 respectively. These two villages together are to share a donation of Rs.1260000 in the ratio of their populations. Calculate the share of each.
- if a : b = c : d then prove that a^2 c + a c^2 : b^2 d + b d^2 = (a+c)^3 : (b+d)^3
- A family's earnings for 21 days is ₹770. Find its earning for 6 weeks and 3 days
- Find ratio to lowest form 3m 5cm to 35 cm
- In a box of red and green sweets, the ratio of red sweets to the green sweets is 3:4. If the box contains 120 green sweets, how many red sweets are there?
- Clothing store A sells T-shirts in only three colours: red, blue and green. The colours are in the ratio of 3 to 4 to 5. If the store has 20 blue T-shirts, how many T-shirts does it have altogether?
- John has 30 marbles, 18 of which are red and 12 of which are blue. Jane has 20 marbles, all of them either red or blue. If the ratio of the red marbles to the blue marbles is the same for both John and Jane, then John has how many more blue marbles than Jane?
- In a certain class, the ratio of passing grades to failing grades is 7 to 5. How many of the 36 students failed the course?
- Of the 15-year-olds at a karate school, 9 have black belts and 15 have brown belts. Among the 16-year-olds, 17 have black belts and 19 have brown belts. Which age group has a higher ratio of black belts to brown belts?
- Reduce the following ratio in simplest form: 2 kg 250 g : 1 kg 500 g
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number