CBSE Class 12-science - Diffraction of Light Videos
Please answer below question from 2023 board paper:
- A parallel beam of light of wavelength 600 nm is incident normally on a slit of width 0.2 mm. If the resulting diffraction pattern is observed on a screen 1 m away, find the distance of (i) First minimum, and (ii) Second maximum, from the central maximum.
Please refer to the uploaded image for the doubt
- Two stars distant two light years are just resolved by a telescope. The diameter of the telescope lens is 0.25 m. If the wavelength of light used in 5000A0, then the minimum distance between the stars is
- three identical polaroids P1 P2 and P3 are oriented so that passes axis of P2 and P3 are incline at angle of 60° 90° effectively with the passes access a monochromatic source S and police light of intensity I note is kept in front of the proceeds p.m. as shown in figure determine the intensity of light is observed by the observed when polyps P3 is rotated with respect to P2 at angle theta
- Two polarizers are placed at crossed position (i.e. having an angle of 90 between them ), a third polarizer making an angle with the first one is placed between them. An unpolarized light of intensity I0 is incident on the first oneand passes through all the three polarizers. Find the light intensity of the emergent beam.
- A parallel beam of light of wavelength 5900 Å falls normally on a plane transmission grating having 4250 lines/cm. Find the angle of diffraction for maximum intensity in first order.
- Explain diffraction of light due to single slit ,derive secondary Maxima and minima?
- Why does light appear to travel in a straight line in spite of its wave nature?
Queries asked on Sunday & after 7 pm from Monday to Saturday will be answered after 12 pm the next working day.