CBSE Class 12-science Biology Population Explosion and Birth Control
- Tubectomy and vasectomy
- Government of India has raised the marriageable age of female to 18 years and of males to 21 years. Suggest two other measures for the same purpose.
- What is AMNIOCENTESIS ?
- Mention any two events which are inhibited by the intake of oral contraceptive pills to prevent pregnancy in humans.
- The present population growth rate in India is alarming. Suggest ways to check it.
- What are the commonly used barrier methods of contraception?
- Describe three ways in which fertilisation of the human ovum by a sperm can be prevented.
- Why intensely lactating mothers do not generally conceive?
- Why is tubectomy considered a contraceptive method?
- At the time of Independence, the population of India was 350 million, which exploded to over 1 billion by May 2000. List any two reasons for this rise in population and any two steps taken by the government to check this population explosion.
More videos from this chapterView All
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number