CBSE Class 12-science Physics Electrostatic Potential Energy
- the work done is moving charge of 2c across two point having a potential difference of 12volt
- Two charges 2microcoulmb and-2microcoulmb are placed at A and8.5 apart depict equipotential surface of the system
- An alpha particle is accelerated through a potential difference of 2000v what will be the increase in energy in electron volt
- If one of the two electrons of a H2 molecule is removed, we get a hydrogen molecular ion . In the ground state of an , the two protons are separated by roughly 1.5, and the electron is roughly 1 from each proton. Determine the potential energy of the system. Specify your choice of the zero of potential energy.
- The plates of a parallel plate capacitor have an area of 90 cm2 each and are separated by 2.5 mm The capacitor is charged by connecting it to a 400 V supply How much electrostatic energy is stored by the capacitor? View this energy as stored in the electrostatic field between the plates, and obtain the energy per unit volume u. Hence arrive at a relation between u and the magnitude of electric field E between the plates.
- A 4 μF capacitor is charged by a 200 V supply. It is then disconnected from the supply and is connected to another uncharged 2μF capacitor. How much electrostatic energy of the first capacitor is lost in the heat and electromagnetic radiation?
- Write an expression for the electrostatic potential energy in terms of the electric field.
- How much work is required to be done to separate the charges of a dipole till infinity with Q ± 7μC and r = 0.18 m?
- What is the potential at a point 6 × 10-15 m away from a proton? What will be the potential energy of a system, if another proton is brought to a distance 2 × 10-15 m from it?
- How much work has to be done to maintain electric dipole with moment 6 x 10-8 cm and angle 60o in an electric field of magnitude 1.2 x 104 N/C?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number