CBSE Class 12-science Physics Alternating Current
AC Applied Across Resistor
1. When an alternating voltage V = V_m sinwt is connected to a resistor R, the current through it is given by as I = im sin wt and Vm = imR.
2. The current is in phase with the potential difference in an AC circuit with onlyandnbsp; resistors.
AC Applied Across Capacitor
2. The capacitive reactance Xc= 1/andomega;C.
3. The current leads the voltage by 90 degrees in AC circuit with capacitor.
4. Voltage amplitude is equal to current amplitude times the capacitive reactance. Vm= I Xc
AC Applied Across Inductor
2. The inductive reactance XL= wL where w is the angular frequency of the AC source.
3. The peak value of current is given by Im = Vm/ XL
4. SI unit of reactance is ohms.
5. Higher the frequency of the AC source, more the inductive
AC Applied to LCR in Series
Resonance in LCR Circuit
CBSE Class 12-science Revise
CBSE Class 12-science Tests
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number