CBSE Class 12-science Chemistry Polyhalogen Compounds
What are polyhalogen compounds? How to prepare these compounds? Find out with TopperLearning’s concept videos for CBSE Class 12 Science Chemistry Haloalkanes and Haloarenes – Polyhalogen Compounds. Our Chemistry expert will also explain the properties and uses of polyhalogen compounds in our video lessons.
For practice, take a look at our CBSE Class 12 Science Chemistry sample papers. We also have topic notes, textbook solutions and solved Chemistry question papers at TopperLearning. These resources will help you prepare the topic of halo compounds for your Chemistry exam. If you need more help, you can post your questions in the UnDoubt section of our study portal for a response from experienced Chemistry teachers.
- Give the full name of DDT.
- What are freons? Give one example.
- What is iodoform? Give one use of it.
- Give two hazardous effects of methylene dichloride.
- Why the use of chloroform as anesthetic is decreasing?
- Give the role of carbon tetrachloride and Freon on environmental degradation.
- Why chloroform is kept closed in dark colored bottles?
- Give the three uses of each of the following: (i) Dichloromethane (ii) Tetrachloromethane
- What is DDT and why its use is banned in United States?
- (i) State one use each of DDT and iodoform. (ii) Which compound in the following couples will react faster in SN2 displacement and why? (a) 1-Bromopentane or 2-bromopentane (b) 1-Bromo-2-methylbutane or 2-bromo-2methylbutane.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number