CBSE Class 12-science Chemistry Polyhalogen Compounds
- Give the full name of DDT.
- What are freons? Give one example.
- What is iodoform? Give one use of it.
- Give two hazardous effects of methylene dichloride.
- Why the use of chloroform as anesthetic is decreasing?
- Give the role of carbon tetrachloride and Freon on environmental degradation.
- Why chloroform is kept closed in dark colored bottles?
- Give the three uses of each of the following: (i) Dichloromethane (ii) Tetrachloromethane
- What is DDT and why its use is banned in United States?
- (i) State one use each of DDT and iodoform. (ii) Which compound in the following couples will react faster in SN2 displacement and why? (a) 1-Bromopentane or 2-bromopentane (b) 1-Bromo-2-methylbutane or 2-bromo-2methylbutane.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number