CBSE Class 12-science Chemistry Preparation Of Alcohols And Phenols
You can learn key concepts related to CBSE Class 12 Science Chemistry Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers – Preparation of Alcohols and Phenols at TopperLearning. Our study materials will guide you with a detailed explanation of the preparation of phenols and alcohols. View our concept videos to understand how to use Grignard’s reagent for the preparation of primary, secondary and tertiary alcohols.
For elaborate notes on the preparation of alcohols and phenols, check our CBSE Class 12 Science Chemistry topic notes. Revise multiple choice questions and short answer questions related to alcohols and phenols by using our practice tests. Also, practise with our Chemistry question papers and solutions to ensure maximum preparation for your board examination.
- State the type of mechanism in acid catalysed hydration of alkenes with reactions involved.
- What is absolute alcohol and how is it prepared?
- How will you convert chlorobenzene to phenol?
- How are the following conversions carried out? (i) Benzyl chloride to benzyl alcohol. (ii) Methyl magnesium bromide to 2-methylpropan-2-ol.
- Give the method of preparation of glycerol from propene.
- How will you obtain tert.butyl alcohol from isobutyl alcohol?
- Identify ‘A’ in the reaction.
- How are phenols prepared from diazonium salts?
- How will you convert methanol to ethanol?
- Give the preparation of phenol from isopropyl benzene.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number