CBSE Class 12-science Biology Processes Of Recombinant DNA Technology
- How to distinguish between transformants and recombinants
- What is genetic engineering and how's it's work.
- state the importance of dna ligase in biotech
- Recombination in bacteria involves transfer of genetic material from one bacterial cell to another. Explain these methods briefly.
- Why is enzyme cellulase used for isolating genetic material from plant cells but not from animal cells?
- What is a bioreactor?
- Name the type of bioreactor shown. Write the purpose for which it is used.
- How and why is bacterium Thermus aquaticus employed in recombinant DNA technology? Explain.
- (i) Mention the number of primers required in each cycle of polymerase chain reaction (PCR). Write the role of primers and DNA polymerase in PCR. (ii) Give the characteristic feature and source organism of DNA polymerase used in PCR.
- A schematic representation of polymerase chain reaction (PCR) up to the extension stage is given below. Answer the questions that follow: (i) Name the process 'a'. (ii) Identify 'b' (iii) Identify 'c' and mention its importance in PCR.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number