CBSE Class 12-science Biology Biodiversity And Its Importance
- What is the difference between endemic and exotic species?
- Why is genetic variation important in the plant Rauwolfia vomitoria?
- Define biodiversity. Write three forms of biodiversity.
- Write the major causes of biodiversity losses.
- India has more than 50,000 strains of rice. Mention the level of biodiversity it represents.
- What does the term genetic diversity refer to? What is the significance of large genetic diversity in a population?
- Explain giving one example, how co-extinction is one of the causes of loss of biodiversity. List the three other causes also.
- Why are (i) alien species invasion and (ii) loss of habitat and fragmentation considered to be the major cause of loss of biodiversity? Explain with the help of one example each.
- What is the ecological importance of biodiversity?
- Give three hypotheses for explaining why tropics show great levels of species richness.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number