CBSE Class 11-science - Introduction to 3-D Geometry Videos
Introduction to 3 D Geometry
This video explains the following concepts: An octant is one of the eight divisions of a Euclidean three-dimensional coordinate system. There is one to one correspondence between the points in space and ordered triplet (x,y,z) of real numbers. The coordinates of points on the x axis are of the type (x,0,0), on the y axis are (0,y,0) and on the z axis are (0,0,z) The x coordinate of the point in the YZ plane is zero, Z-coordinate of a point in the XY plane is zero and y-coordinate in the XZ p
- A point P is on the x-axis. What are its y-coordinate and z-coordinate?
- A point P is at a distance of 3 units from the origin on the y axis. Write the coordinates of P.
- A point is in the YZ plane. What is the value of the x-coordinate?
- Write the coordinates of points in the X-Y plane.
- Name the octants in which the following points lie:(i) (3,2,5) (ii) (2,-3,5) (iii) (-5,-3,2)(iv) (-5,-3,-2) (v) (-3,2,5) (vi) (3,-2,-5)(vii) (3,2,-5) (viii) (-3,2,-5).
- A points P is on the y-axis. What are its x-coordinate and z-coordinates?
- A point P is at a distance of 6 units from the origin on the Z axis. Write the coordinates of P
- A point is in the XZ-plane. What is the value of the y-coordinate.
- Name the octant in which the following points lie : (i) (4,-2,-5) (ii) (-4,2,-5)(iii) (1,2,3)
- Write the coordinates of points in the Y-Z plane
Queries asked on Sunday & after 7 pm from Monday to Saturday will be answered after 12 pm the next working day.